POLYFORCE™ STRUCTURAL PLASTIC LUMBER
PolyForce™ structural plastic lumber combines the benefits of long lasting, weather resistent HDPE plastic lumber with the structural characteristic of dimensional wood lumber. PolyForce™ structural plastic lumber begins with purified blends of HDPE (high density polyethylene) primarily from recycled plastics from post-consumer waste like plastic milk and detergent bottles. We then combine proprietary strengthening additives, UV–inhibited pigments, anti-oxidant processing aids and foaming agents for a highly stable material that is superior to wood lumber on almost any measure. .
If structural bearing strength is not important to your application, we can probably meet your needs with PolyTuf™ dimensional plastic lumber.
- True structural strength comparable to that of treated wood lumber of the same dimensions. Suitable for deck or dock structures and other outdoor applications where structural integrity is required. See Specifications. The suitability for your application should be confirmed by a structural engineer and conform to local building requirements.
- Manufactured to exacting specifications.
- Material is easily machined with any tools appropriate for working with real wood. Be sure to wear appropriate eye and respiratory protection devices when working with this or any material and machinery.
- Exceptional resistance to moisture, fading, insects, splinting, warping and other hazards of environmental exposure common to wood or wood fiber composite products.
- Requires no waterproofing, staining or other similar recurring maintenance other than an occasional washing with soap and water.
- High color stability UV pigment systems which minimize material breakdown from prolonged sun and weather exposure.
- Unlike most wood and wood composite products that quickly fade when exposed to the weather, PolyForce™ has no wood fibers, retains its new look for years and may fade only slightly over its entire service life
PolyForce™ plastic lumber can be formed in virtually any shape and length required for your application. Tangent has over one hundred ready extrusion shapes in house, or we can customize a unique shape to meet your needs.
The standard color for PolyForce™ is medium gray. Special order colors are available in the most common wood-tone colors including Cedar, Sand, Gray, Redwood, Weathered Wood, Light Oak, White, and Tudor Brown. We can also match almost any custom color to suit your application.
PolyForce™ plastic lumber is very well suited for exterior applications where resistance to weathering and minimal maintenance is required, and a quality appearance is essential. PolyForce ™ maintains its color stability and surface finish over its entire useful service life, and never needs to be sealed, painted or stained.
Used in municipal and commercial applications, PolyForce™ plastic lumber is well suited for marine structures, boardwalks, docks; deck planks and other fresh and salt water shoreline applications.
|| ASTM Method
|| Lbs cubic in
| Water Absorption
| Tangent Modulus
| Secant Modulus @ 1% Strain
| Stress @ 3% Strain Flexural Property
|| Pounds force
|Coefficient of Linear Expansion
|| In/in ° f
| * Lower density may occur in larger cross sections
For more techincal information, please click to view the PolyForce™ MSDS Document or the PolyForce™ Technical Data Sheet .